Root Pouch, What are they made of?
Root Pouch is an environmentally friendly alternative to the well-known plastic growing pots.
Plastic fibers from recycled PET bottles are processed into a breathable fabric that allows air and water to pass through.
Root Pouch Boxer Brown (non-degradable) is made from 100% recycled materials.
There are also biodegradable Rootpouches in 4 qualities, of which the recycled fabric is mixed with natural materials such as jute, bamboo or other vegetable fibers.
Root Pouch, How Do They Work?
Better water management and a breathable pot contribute to better and stronger root development,
which makes better use of the fertilizers in the soil of the pot.
RootPouch is extremely suitable for Ebb and Flood systems due to its capillary action,
but can also be used with drip systems or with a watering can.
Above the ground, the fabric allows air and water to pass through for an optimal air / water ratio, and provides insulation during the cold periods and cooling during the warm periods.
The root tips are caught by the “mesh” in dust and will stop growing due to exposure to the air (and light).
This is also referred to as “air pruning” and “root trapping”.
This prevents the tap roots from circling.
Extra roots will develop in the lateral roots and this leads to a fine root system with a multitude of root tips, resulting in dense, vigorous root growth.
For outdoor cultivation, the biodegradable Root Pouches can also be dug into the ground.
The roots will grow through the fabric and the pot will slowly break down.
• ECOLOGICAL, recycled PET bottles.
• Porous breathable fabric that allows air & water to pass through. This promotes dense vigorous root growth and prevents roots from circling.
• Provides insulation during cold periods & cooling during warm periods.
• Reduces the risk of stress when repotting.
• Promote the activity of beneficial biological microorganisms.
• By optimal air / water ratio: Stronger and healthier start-up of young crop and faster / better growth.
• Better use of nutrients due to fine-meshed root system.
• Less substrate needed (smaller pot)
• Suitable for drip systems and ebb and flow systems.
• Suitable for aquatic plants.
• Root Pouch is compact and lightweight for easy and inexpensive transport and storage.
• Pots can be washed, sterilized and reused.
• Resistant to UV rays.
Root Pouch is good for the environment, better for the plant and best for the grower.
Sizes & Qualities
Root Pouch is available in 5 qualities of different thickness and durability:
Boxer Brown Pot (round) 250 g / m2 non-degradable (100% recycled PET bottles)
Black Pot (round) 260 g / m2, lifespan 4-5 years
Gray Pot (round) 250 g / m2 lifespan 3-4 years
Charcoal Pot (round) 150 g / m2 lifespan 18-24 months
Black Pot (square) 90 g / m2 lifespan ± 12 months